Thursday, November 20, 2014

EOC Week 6 Seduction of the Online Surfer

Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone; it bosses the enzymes; directs the pineal gland; plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to film is more film. -Frank Capra
  1. "The average American attention span in 2013 was about 8 seconds. The average attention span in 2000 was 12 seconds. And then get this kicker - the average attention of a goldfish is 9 seconds." -Market (Radio Program)

In this day and age, the attention span of an average American is 8 seconds. That is how long you have to "seduce" an online surfer, and the way I intend to capture the attention of an online surfer is to have content that is not only satisfying but worth sharing with everyone. I have a website and in order to maintain it I have to constantly keep updating it with new pieces, weekly. As all my work becomes watched, I will have a page where it shows what's coming soon to the website that way people will keep coming back and see what's new, and keep them anticipated for it. Another way that I plan to get people to keep coming to my site is to have a list of future projects lined up and I will write a synopsis about each project and have people vote on which project they are excited to see happen. That way I can build a fan base and continue to trend my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment